Welcome to AdvocaSEA! This is when we will get to know each other better and begin forming what we hope will be long lasting connections and partnerships. We will also share the digital tools being introduced to navigate through the workshop together. At the end of this month, you will be grouped in teams to tackle design challenges of the AdvocaSEA workshop together.
In October, there will be two webinar talks with our panel of guest speakers that will bring you up to speed on telling the stories that matter to your audiences and understanding how the fields of Anti-Trafficking and Conservation are inextricably linked.
Advocasea Week 1: Politics & Empathy
1. Audience - The political focus for this week is all about how participants can identify, understand and influence stakeholders relevant to their challenge.
2. Empathize - The empathetic focus this week will help participants determine what motivates their stakeholders, how they can create...
Advocasea Week 2: Communications Strategy
Communications Strategy builds on:
1. Empathize - Materials that help the team deep dive into the challenge they have chosen or been assigned.
2. Define - Materials that help the team define a clear problem statement and create storytelling around their challenge.
Advocasea Week 3: Tech Tools for Advocacy
1. Ideate - Materials that help the team to inventory the tools and skills they have at their disposal in order to generate novel solutions to their team's challenge.
2. Prototype - Materials that guide the team create a minimum viable product (MVP) solution to their team's challenge.
The AdvocaSEA workshop will conclude with teams presenting their solutions to the AdvocaSEA committee. You and your team will first be tasked to consolidate the findings from the workshop to prepare and...